Sunday, March 26, 2006
Ah mui's homesIn my whole life, I never knew that shaking someone's hand is so difficult.Normally,i would be so generous shaking hand with those people who I got to know.Eg New friends.However yesterday was a totally different case for me.After the bible study, I went to Ah mui's homes(or whatever you call that) with a few adults as well as some around my age.Honestly speaking, I’ve never been to a home before.Yesterday was my first time.As I stepped into the home, I knew that this is a place of misery,a place of dispair and a place where old people were abandoned.In each room,there were about 8 to 9 people living inside.Of cause all of them were of the same gender.From their facial expression, I could see that none of them were wish to be there but they don't have a choice.All of them looked so depressing and life is so difficult to go on.As expected,most of them is so skinny and bony.On top of that,due to their age,their hands shrunk,thus their skin looked really eroded and wrinkled.Thats why i shook their hands so reluctantly.
But in my mind,i knew the reasons why i was there.I'm not there just to experience or get to know how thier life is so pathetic,but to bring laughter to them,showing our concern to them by shaking their hands givingly or even look and smile at them.Thats why i started to open up my heart to accept them and not ostracizing them.
We sang to them a few songs to liven up their mood and one of the pastor told them a really short sermon which is about how our heavenly father still love them even if they were abandon by their loved ones.When I looked at them,i really felt like crying because their faces show no expression and some of them even had their legs amputated.
Alright,for today,as usual went to church until around 3-4pm.haha.Today's tuanqi was pretty fun although the programme was prayer meeting.haha.Most of the people turn up but then there were some who didn't.haha.Love it especially singing the songs.It gave me a really warmed and cosy feeling.haha.Love combine tuanqi.Yay!
Now i'm learning drum fron Hongwei.haha.I thought that drummers are usually very cool.haha.Love playing the drum because it gave me a sense of achievement when i can keep hitting at a stable beat.haha.Besides,i also hope that one day i can use this instrument to serve the lord! haha
posted @ 1:50 AM
_______________________________________________________________________